If you see this error when you attempt to send to the Kindle Cloud, your Kindle app may need data storage enabled. Otherwise, it doesn’t have permission to open the .mobi file and upload it to Send To Kindle.
- Open your Kindle app and then tap the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines)
- Tap Settings
- Check the box that says Data Storage Access
Don’t see Data Storage Access?
- Open your Kindle app and tap More at the bottom of the app
- Tap App Settings in your Kindle app
- Turn on Show Personal Documents in Library
Once data storage is enabled, you can go back to the BookFunnel app and try sending the book to Send To Kindle again.
If Send To Kindle is still unable to upload the MOBI file, you can email the MOBI file to your @kindle.com email account instead. WATCH THE VIDEO to set it up the first time!
Or, you can read the book right inside the BookFunnel app. Just tap the book cover in the Library or select Start reading now to get started.