Did you allow the Kindle app to access local storage? It’s an easy check:
- Open your Kindle app and then tap the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines)
- Tap Settings
- Check the box that says Data Storage Access
Don’t see Data Storage Access?
- Open your Kindle app and tap More at the bottom of the app
- Tap App Settings in your Kindle app
- Turn on Show Personal Documents in Library
The book might show up immediately, but, if not, you can force quit the Kindle app (just reboot if you aren’t sure how to do that). The book will be saved in your DOWNLOADED Books Library.